Our practitioners are all experts in their respective fields and a team approach makes our clinic unique in Durban.
Our team of physiotherapists are very “hands on” as we believe this approach is essential in delivering the desired results.
We treat a wide range of musculoskeletal conditions and specialise in sports injuries, spinal conditions of the neck and back, headaches, post-operative rehabilitation as well as general maintenance and conditioning of athletes.
Our typical treatment will consist of a “hands on” soft tissue release as well as a joint mobilisation or manipulation. We normally combine electrotherapy or accupuncture to the treatment depending on the condition.
A comprehensive assessment is given in the first session and exercise prescriptions are given in the following sessions. Patients may then be referred to the Biokinetist.
- all sporting injuries
- muscle, tendon and ligament injuries
- neck pain and stiffness
- whiplash injuries
- low back pain (disc prolapse)
- post-operative rehab
- overuse injuries
- poor posture (core stability work)
- general maintenance and advice for athletes
As we age and our bodies degenerate, we become more susceptible to illness and ailments which are often promoted by high levels of inflammation in the body If pain and discomfort are your everyday reality; if you’re suffering from injuries or inflammatory related conditions, then you should try cryotherapy.
WHAT IS CRYOTHERAPY?
A medical treatment that involves exposing patients to extremely cold, dry air (between -120 and -160 degrees Celsius) for 2 to 3 minutes, in what is referred to as CryoSauna. Although the treatment sounds extreme, it is completely safe and most people find it pleasurable. Clients experiencing the dry air find it more favourable than taking a cold shower.
Whole Body Cryotherapy is best understood when compared to exercise. While one training session has an impact on the body, it takes 6 weeks of frequent training to get fit and function on an improved level. Similarly, people experience benefits from cryotherapy sessions immediately but it also takes about 6 weeks of frequent sessions for the body to adapt and change its physiology. Only then does the body function at a superior level. People can expect to feel more energised, be less stressed and recover much faster than before
· Back and Neck pain
· Chronic pain
· Post-operative rehabilitation
· Sports recovery and performance
· Musculoskeletal injuries
– Muscle injuries
– Ligament injuries
– Joint conditions
– Tennis Elbow
– Achilles tendinopathy
– Golfers elbow
– Shoulder impingement
· Inflammatory conditions
– Rheumatoid arthritis
– Ankylosing spondylitis
· Auto-immune diseases
– Systemic Lupus
· Cosmetic (Anti-aging)
· Weight loss
This State of the art treatment is highly effective for the treatment of Chronic Tendon injuries and Calcific Tendonosis. Particularly Achilles Tendon, Tennis Elbow, Knee Patella – Tendon, Hamstring, Shoulder and Plantar-fasciitis.
Chiropractors are neuro musculo skeletal specialists, trained in the diagnosis and treatment of spinal and joint disorders. Chiropractors use specific adjustments to re-align joints in order to restore normal biomechanics and remove any form of irritation to the nerves that exit the spine, thereby reducing pain and discomfort. Chiropractors aim at treating the cause of the problem as opposed to treating symptoms.
A Biokineticist improves a person’s physical status and quality of life through individualized assessment and exercise prescription in the dual context of clinical pathology (acute and chronic) and performance enhancement. A correctly managed rehabilitation exercise program can help a person suffering from:
- chronic back pain
- knee injuries
- shoulder injuries
- hip injuries
Registered Dietitians (RDs) are uniquely qualified to translate scientific information about food into practical dietary advice. As well as providing impartial advice about nutrition and health, dietitians also advise about food related problems and treat disease and ill health.
Dietitians are trained to deal with all aspects of nutrition. At KPSMC we specialize in nutrition therapy for:
- optimal sports performance as well as
- insulin resistance
- heart disease
- high blood pressure
- gastro-intestinal disorders
- weight loss
- weight gain
- eating disorders
- polycystic ovarian syndrome
- food intolerances and allergies
- heartburn and acid reflux
We provide nutrition advice to individuals, sports teams, schools and companies.
Sportsmen and women, both elite and recreational, spend many hours training their bodies to peak condition in order to perform and achieve success in their chosen sport. But as Bryce Courtney in the book The Power of One wrote: The mind is the athlete; the body is simply the means it uses to run faster or longer, jump higher, shoot straighter, kick better, swim harder, hit further, or box better.
Sport psychology is a discipline of psychology dealing with matters of performance – physical excellence and preparation alone does not determine success, but rather it is this preparation combined with the correct mental state and emotional control that ultimately determine performance.
Sports psychologists work with both elite and recreational athletes, individuals and teams, parents and coaches; areas that a sport psychologist can help with could include the following:
- Mental skills training
– Goal Setting
– Imagery and Visualization
– Relaxation and Emotional Control
– Self-Talk and Cognitive Control
– Concentration and Focus
– Pre-competition routines and preparation
– The Flow experience – Being in ‘the zone’
– Dealing with success and failure
- Mental Toughness
- Helping athletes through injury and rehabilitation
- Career advice and coping with retirement or non-selection
- Team unity, cohesion and communication
- Clinical issues such as:
– Eating Disorders
– Relationship issues
– Sleeping problems
- Dealing with burn out
- Maintaining a balance in sport and life
- Talent identification and psychological skills development through Long Term Athlete Development
- Educating parents regarding psychological aspects of sport and performance and how best to manage talented children.
- Life skills training
The above skills can be applied to any performance area, and there is a growing demand for this type of intervention within the highly competitive world of business.
A podiatrist is a health care professional who is trained in the assessment, diagnosis, prevention and treatment of foot and foot related conditions. Podiatrists must be registered with the Health Professions Council of South Africa (HPCSA) as well as the South African Podiatry Association.
Podiatrists may treat a variety of foot problems such as:
- Skin and Nail conditions – Callouses, corns, verrucae, ingrowing toenails, thickened nails, fungal infections (skin and nails).
- General Foot Pain – heel pain and arch pain (plantar fasciitis and spurs), pain in the ball of the foot (metatarsalgia), ankle pain.
- Diabetes – general footcare and maintenance, education, treatment and prevention of diabetes related complications.
- Sports Injuries – Achilles tendonitis, runners’ knee, ITB friction syndrome, shin splints etc.
- Paediatric Conditions – Heel and ankle pain, growth plate pathologies, knock-knees, intoeing, flat feet.
- General family medicine
- Ultrasound Diagnostics
- PRP Injections
- Sports Injuries
PComprehensive eye test which includes:
- Comprehensive eye test: Refractive error assessment, Binocular Vision and general ocular health assessment
- Prescribing spectacles and contact lenses
- Vision therapy
- Glaucoma screening
- Diabetic retinopathy screening
- Paediatric vision assessment including cycloplegic refraction
- Colour vision and stereopsis assessment
- FREE Driver’s license screening
- Specialised Contact Lens fitting: including RGP and Scleral lens assessment
A Dentist, also known as a Dental surgeon, is a health care practitioner who specializes in the diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of diseases and conditions of the oral cavity.
We offer Basic and cosmetic dentistry:
- Scale and Polish (cleaning)
- Fluoride Therapy
- Restorations of decayed teeth
- Extraction of teeth
- False teeth (complete/ partial)
- Crowns and Bridges
- Root Canal Therapy
- Teeth Whitening,
We accept most medical aids and cash patients.
Diagnoses and Management of all Sporting injuries.
Sport massage is a critical aid in keeping the athletes body in tip-top shape.
Some of the benefits of sport massage are:
- Promote muscle recovery by reducing stiffness and soreness in muscles.
- Assist in promoting increased range of motion and flexibility.
- Prevent injuries by ensuring muscles are supple and functional.
- Improve blood flow assists in ridding the muscle of waste products and improving circulation.
Whether you are a elite athlete or a commited amateur, sport massage will enhance your performance allowing you to train harder. Give us a call to discuss how we can assist you in keeping you and your muscles healthy.
Management of all medical conditions that can be treated with homeopathy.Specialising in Sports Homeopathy as well.
Pilates / Yoga
Lynn Mackay gives daily classes with different levels and different sports placed in specific groups.
Personal Training / Kettlebell Training
An awesome full Gym facility overlooking the fields with Top Class trainers (Male and Female).
Specializing in laser teeth whitening
60 Minute treatment
- Natural, Plant and Mineral based Laser Whitening Gels from America
- Leaders in the industry since 1999.
- Enamel Strengthening
- Safe for existing Dental work
- New easy application – no more messy gum guards and difficult process
- The most Affordable teeth whitening with amazing results
- Fast and effective with immediate results and almost NO after affects (gums and teeth)
- USA FDA Certified
R 1 500
BOOK NOW: 0823722194