Rehana Mahomed qualified as a Social Worker in 2000 at the University of Kwa-Zulu Natal. She completed her Masters in Social Work in 2006. Rehana has over 18 years of therapeutic experience with children, teenagers and adults. She has developed specific skills from working at various welfare organizations, schools/universities and corporates. She has extensive experience working with children, adolescents and adult survivors of sexual abuse and trauma. Rehana is involved in the assessment and treatment of children who have experienced trauma from abuse, disability, divorce, neglect and death of a loved one. She provides therapy for children and teenagers with poor self-esteem, suicidal tendencies and self-harm behavior. Rehana also provides counselling to adults for depression, stress management, anger management, relationship difficulties, grief, coping with disability, illness and trauma.
Areas of Specialty/Highlights
– Counselling to children (play therapy), adolescents and adults
– Couple counselling and marital therapy
– Loss and Bereavement counselling
– Parental support and guidance
– Trauma Debriefing
– Coping with Disability or serious illness
– Coping with Divorce
– Domestic Violence
– Employee Assistance Programs
– Academic: Social Work Supervisor/Mentor, Lecturer, Assessor, Moderator
Rehana offers a safe, supportive and nonjudgmental environment that facilitates healing and closure.
Cell: 0731817964 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org